This Career Community is focused on the many different areas students can pursue in fields of communication and media. Browse blogs for career advice, look at resources for job and internship leads and watch videos profiling unique roles and occupations.
+ CONSIDER CAREER PATHS
View a sample of professional titles related to this major
Visit My Next Move to browse for communication-related occupations by keyword or industry.
- Advertising managers
- Art directors
- Audio and video technicians
- Broadcast announcers & radio DJs
- Editors (news, film, video, etc.)
- Interpreters and Translators
- Media programming directors
- News analysts
- Reporters & journalists
- Producers & directors
- Proofreaders & copy markers
- Public relations specialists
- Sound engineering technicians
- Telecommunication equipment installers & repairers
- Writers & author
Need help exploring your career options? Take the Focus 2 assessment to search for occupations that fit with your interests, values, skills, and personality. Then speak with a Career Specialist about the results.
+ EXPLORE MU MAJORS
Check out communication-related MU majors, minors and certificates
Please visit Majors@Mizzou and browse this site by career interests, occupation and by School or College. Remember, these are just a few examples of degree programs. A wide variety of MU majors can lead to a successful and satisfying career in communication and media.
- Ancient Meditteranean Studies
- Digital Storytelling
- Film studies
- Information Technology
- Political Science
- Roman Language/German/Russian
- Textile and Apparel Management
Another helpful tool is the What Can I Do With This Major site where you can connect academic majors to common career paths and see typical employers that hire those majors.
+ MAKE CAREER CONNECTIONS
Learn how to have career conversations to find possible career paths
+ RESEARCH ALUMNI CAREER PATHS
Discover the unique career paths of fellow Tigers!