This Career Community is focused on the many different areas students can pursue in fields of agriculture and natural resources. Browse blogs for career advice, look at resources for job and internship leads and watch videos profiling unique roles and occupations.
+ CONSIDER CAREER PATHS
View a sample of professional titles related to this major
Visit My Next Move to browse for agriculture-related occupations by keyword or industry.
- Agricultural equipment operators
- Agriculture science teachers
- Animal breeders
- Animal scientists
- Animal trainers
- Farm equipment service technicians
- Farm labor contractors
- Fishing & hunting workers
- Farmers, ranchers, & other agricultural managers
- Forest & conservation workers
- Food scientists & technologists
- Soil & plant scientists
- Sustainability specialists
Need help exploring your career options? Take the Focus 2 assessment to search for occupations that fit with your interests, values, skills, and personality. Then speak with a Career Specialist about the results.
+ EXPLORE MU MAJORS
Check out agriculture-related MU majors, minors and certificates
Please visit Majors@Mizzou and browse this site by career interests, occupation and by School or College. Remember, these are just a few examples of degree programs. A wide variety of MU majors can lead to a successful and satisfying career in agriculture and natural resources.
- Agricultural Systems Technology
- Agribusiness Management
- Animal Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Science
- Food Science & Nutrition
- Geological Sciences
- Interdisciplinary (Environmental Sciences)
- Natural Resources Science and Management
- Parks, Recreation, Sport and Tourism
- Plant Sciences
Another helpful tool is the What Can I Do With This Major site where you can connect academic majors to common career paths and see typical employers that hire those majors.
+ MAKE CAREER CONNECTIONS
Learn how to have career conversations to find possible career paths
- Arrange an informational interview, learning about the real-life experience of someone working in a field or company that interests you.
- Seek out mentors by making meaningful connections with upperclassmen, faculty, staff and alumni.
+ RESEARCH ALUMNI CAREER PATHS
Discover the unique career paths of fellow Tigers